News digest for February 14-20
- A protocol was drawn up in Pskov for a photo with Alexei Navalny. Experts found extremist symbols in social networks. This time it is the inscription “Navalny 2018”, where the number “1” is replaced by an exclamation mark. According to the expert and the police, this inscription is a symbol of Navalny’s headquarters, which were previously recognized as an extremist organization and banned in Russia.
- Roskomnadzor summoned Marat Gelman to draw up a protocol. The gallerist received a notice that a protocol was drawn up against him for not being marked as a foreign agent.
- The Ministry of Justice declared lawyer Ivan Pavlov “foreign agent” due to foreign fees and interviews with “foreign agents”.
- The court began to consider a new criminal case against Alexei Navalny. The court session, to which the politician’s wife, Yulia Navalnaya, was admitted, is taking place right in IK-2 in Pokrov, where the oppositionist is serving his sentence. In the new case the politician faces up to 15 years in prison.
- The DOXA editor is required to be transferred to a pre-trial detention center due to a visit to the dentist. The Federal Penitentiary Service demanded a tougher preventive measure for DOXA editor Natasha Tyshkevich due to the fact that she went to the doctor a day earlier than allowed by the judge. She was forced to seek medical help because she could not stand the increased sharp toothache.
- The political scientist Valery Soloviev was searched. He and his son were taken for interrogation in the Investigative Committee.
- Ivan Zhdanov father was sentenced to three years in a penal colony. Earlier, Yuri Zhdanov received a suspended sentence in the case of the allocation of an apartment under a social lease agreement. At the end of last year, he was detained in the Nizhny Novgorod region during a trip to his aunt.
- The Investigative Committee began checking the posts of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova for insulting the feelings of believers.
- Lawyer Valeria Vetoshkina was declared a “foreign agent” for comments to “foreign agents” media and cooperation with OVD-Info.
- In Saratov, local communist deputy Nikolai Bondarenko was fined 300 thousand rubles (about 3500 euros) for organizing a protest action after the 2021 elections to the State Duma.
- Nikita Uvarov was registered as prone to extremism in the pre-trial detention center of Kansk. Previously he was sentenced to five years in prison for blowing up the FSB building in a Minecraft game.
- Figurant of the “palace case” Garipov was found guilty of using violence against a policeman at a rally in support of Alexei Navalny and sentenced to a year and a half in a colony-settlement.
- The court replaced Oleg Navalny’s conditional sentence in the “sanitary case” with a real one.
- Alexei Navalny filed another lawsuit against the colony IK-2 where he is serving his sentence. The essence of the statement is unknown for now.
[/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_color=”default” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″]
[cmsms_divider width=”long” height=”1″ position=”center” margin_top=”50″ margin_bottom=”50″ animation_delay=”0″]